At Trailblazers Travel we recognise that privacy is important. This page outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
If you have a complaint, or would like more information about our data management practices, we can be reached via our contact page. Our postal address is PO Box 34, Ulladulla NSW 2539.
What data do we collect?
Depending on the circumstances, Trailblazers Travel may collect personal information when you register for a service, browse our website, respond to our advertisements, book a holiday with us, or make contact. This information could include but is not limited to, some or all of the following; email, name, address, date of birth, telephone number, credit card billing details including expiry dates, and passport details. IP address, social media profiles. This data can be collected in the following ways:
- Register or browse on Trailblazers Travel website,
- Register interest for and/or enter a competition,
- Subscribe to one of our email newsletters,
- Download or request a brochure or other printed materials,
- Refer a friend to Trailblazers Travel
- Book a holiday with us.
When you are travelling with us, Trailblazers Travel or a representative of Trailblazers Travel may take video and photographic images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising, on our website and social media platforms. All participants of Trailblazers Travel trips authorise Trailblazers Travel to use his/her image (such as photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen please notify Trailblazers Travel in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect the data?
You may volunteer this information when you interact with us by telephone, email, by entering details or browsing on our website, on our social media channels, or by speaking to one of our sales consultants. We may also receive the information from a third party, for example;
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from other companies within the Trailblazers Australia travel group
How the data is used
- We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide a better user experience, including customising content for you.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including but not limited to sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your postal address.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Trailblazers Travel’s services.
- Trailblazers Travel processes personal information on our servers in Australia and in other countries. We may process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- Trailblazers Travel’s servers may automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information unless you make contact with us. This information is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
How is the Data Stored
Any data collected is stored in any or all of the following:
- Trailblazers Travel secure office
- by the email provider
- in secure cloud storage.
Disclosure of information to third parties
- We share information to our third party service providers who handle enquiries and bookings on our behalf.
- We share information to third parties such as airlines, hotels and other service providers for the purpose of which the information was collected. Trailblazers Travel pass on your personal information including but not limited to names, address, date of birth, email address, passport details, telephone numbers as required, to our tour suppliers in the destinations you visit.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of Trailblazers Travel, such as our travel industry partners to better analyse trends and further improve our services. Please only supply information that you are happy to be disclosed in this manner.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
Access to your information
To access the information we hold about you, or to make corrections or updates to your personal details, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. We may charge a nominal fee for this.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We will provide you access to your personal information upon request, within reason, and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it.
Use of tools, cookies and links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
STATEMENT ON COOKIES
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book holidays with us.
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
Types of cookies we may use
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
COOKIES – THE DOWN LOW
Read through this section for all you need to know about what cookies are and how we use them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
You can find more information on the About Cookies website. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
- Keeping track of your searches and preferences.
Improving your experience
We can also find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making your experience personal
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to you.
Adverts on other websites
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Take a look at the websites of Pinsent Masons law firm or the Internet Advertising Bureau for independent information on cookies – including how to refuse or delete them from your computer or device.